Saturday, April 17, 2010

Will you please join my cult?

Will you please join my mob?

Will you adopt this fish?

Will you please join my polygamist cult?

Ok so that is not a Facebook game, but I'm sure it's not that far away. Do some modifying to Farmville and you could have Poly-Ville where you request that your friends join your cult and the more friends you have, the more kids you get until you obtain Mormon sainthood by becoming the next prophet. Really considering you have a game called FishVille that is basically you make your own fish tank, is Poly-Ville that much of stretch?

For anyone who has a Facebook page I'm sure we have all gotten the above requests to join into whatever Zynga game is popular this week and you either ignore your Facebook page for weeks and when you come back you have around 100 'requests' to be someones neighbor/thug/monkey along with several 100 'gifts' to accept. Or you cave to Facebook peer pressure and join said game just to see what all the hype is about and hoping they go away. Than you sucked in....

I started with Cafe World because I like cooking, however I hate the mess and injuries I suffer while cooking. *I tend to cut or burn myself a lot* so this seemed like a fair balance between the two. I think I got to around level 15 before I got bored with it. I hated the fact the 'friends' I hired as wait staff sucked and it didn't seem to matter what I did I couldn't get my restaurant's rating to go up plus all the really good dishes take an insane amount of time to finish and the waiting around just sucked.

I was going to swear off the games until I got sucker into Farmville...now I'm sucking others into it. *I'm so sorry * I had hoped it was like another sim game I had called Harvest Moon where you ran a farm, tried to get married and have a family. Farmville simply focuses on the farming part and I'm ok with that, so far I'm at level 32, but I'm wishing that it had a little more to it.

However other people I have friended and play with simply can't get enough of it. One lady I work with is simply a few clicks away from Dr. Phil having another Farmville intervention. She even has the little timer that e-mails her when her crops are done and has had other family member harvest her crops if she can't get to them. Other people have around 90 some 'friends' and all they do is pass gifts to each other and help with the new co-op farming. One of my fiancee's friend is married to a woman who has four different farms going.

While the Zynga games don't take a lot of skill, my friend K dubbed them 'point and click' games there is some level of team play needed, you need friends to help you expand and to send you things you need to compete certain tasks. I'm not fond of those who set up multiple farms/cafes/mobs and just send stuff to the main farm/cafe/mob. That's like running your D&D character though a solo adventure you created to level up.

Yes the Zynga games are easy, one could play them drunk while blindfolded however sometimes after a shitty day at work I want something that doesn't require a lot of thought or planning on my part. I wanna click on the little market symbol, plant some blueberries and come back in four hours and have some blueberries to harvest. I wonder if that's why so many of the players of these games are women due to the ease of it.

Unless you are like the freaky Dr. Phil lady who went has far to unplug the router so her kids would think the internet was down and get off the computer so she could get back on a lot of women like gaming but might not have the time to play a so called 'real' game so Farmville/Fishville/Cafe World is easy to do in their spare time. Plus with it being so easy small children can play and they can all play together.

I do feel compelled to offer some suggestions to these games....I will sound like Amazon.com here

Farmville-Try Harvest Moon. It comes on several systems (Wii, PlayStation 2 and X-Box 360) and each version is different. Like Farmville but at a faster pace. Each day is only about 20 to 30 minutes long and not only must you handle your farm and livestock, having good relationships with other farmers/friends/family is key to winning. *kind of like real life*

Cafe World-Try Cooking Mama. Only for the Wii and DS you are required to cut/chop/mix/fry in order to make different dishes. The game requires the player to learn when to put ingredients in the pan at the right temperature and time and other handy cooking skills. When you master recipes you can try to create new dishes. Or you can just go to the kitchen and risk getting cut and burnt like I do. ^-^

Yo-ville-Try any of The Sims games. PC, Wii, PlayStation, and X-box all of versions of the never ending crack habit not to mention the never ending expansion packs.

FishVille or PetVille-Seriously what is wrong with you...go get a real pet. Something you can hug or stare at in it's fishbowl. If you can't afford a real pet the animal shelters need volunteers so does PetSmart.

Now please excuse me, I have flowers to harvest.

Reggie ^-^

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, if anyone developed a polygamist cult game, I would play it. I think I actually have stars in my eyes just thinking about prophety mormon sainthood.

    The trick to Cafe World is to box your waiters in so they can't walk to the tables. Food will magically teleport instead and your rating will shoot up to 105 in no time.

    ReplyDelete