Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mishaps always give you the best stories

It's Sunday night. My better half is downstairs playing Call of Duty-Modern Warfare 2, the cat is trying to find somewhere to sleep for the next 18 hours and I'm up here in my cozy sweater listening to Glee music.

Did I mention we've been married for over 48 hours now.

*Huge happy smile here complete with girly squeals*

On Friday September 24th 2010, myself, my better half, my parents, his parents and his older sister went to our local court house and decided to make seven years of gaming together a life long quest (and legal for tax purposes, health insurance and ownership of the house...retarded laws). At 4:30 p.m we promised to love, honor and cherish each other for better or worst, sickness and health, richer or poorer, till one of us runs out of hit points.

And I couldn't get his ring on. He had leftover Chinese for lunch and I couldn't get his ring on. We both laughed about it and I started giggling again when his mom dropped her camera batteries. I also came close to laughing during the vows because of comedian Nick Griffin. His bit about marriage came into my head when the clerk was asking me to take him in sickness and health and for richer or poorer.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! How sick and poor is this lady gonna get? Is she gonna be charging stuff and barfing!" Nick Griffin-Einstein and Love. When we were heading out to dinner I told him about almost laughing during vows because of that and he finished the punchline for me and started laughing.

We had a very nice wedding over the course of two days, however it was filled with all sorts of mishaps. The perfect wedding is I believe what Frank McCourt said about happy childhoods not worth your while. See mishaps like unhappy childhoods give you the best stories to tell. Everyone will talk about what happened for years because it was memorable. However, you want it to be memorable for the right reasons. You want people to remember that the DJ messed up your first dance. (Like he did with us last night). What you don't want them to remember is you throwing a hissy fit on the dance floor recreating Eric Cartman's swear rant. (I didn't do that...I was worried that he was pulling out our Rick Roll too soon when the song skipped) And the songs skipped for the rest of the night even after the Rick Roll.

The past couple of months leading up to the wedding have been memorable for all sorts of reasons, some very good and some very bad. While planning this a person who I considered a dear friend and helped any time she needed it turned into a complete and total bitch and decided that ten years of friendship was not worth a damn thing and refused to come to my wedding. On the other hand I've forged new friendships with some of the coolest ladies I will ever have the pleasure of meeting. We've gained a new family...some of them we wish we could shoo out but I guess we have to keep them since we didn't get a gift receipt to take them back to Families R Us.

And throughout all the mishaps big and small, I got my husband and he is always the best part of all my stories!













4 comments:

  1. I second that! Yay! I love the hit points comment! Very clever, dear. Love you both! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And remember, when he does lose all of his hit points - you get to loot the body!

    We had a great time, thank you for inviting us to be part of your special day.

    ReplyDelete